Kathleen A.Mueller, RN, CPC, CCS-P, CMSCS,CGCS, ICD-10,Proficient, CCC is a health care consultant with over 35 years in health care experience including ICU/CCU nursing, physician office administration, GI claims submission and adjudication and seminar instruction. She is the owner of AskMueller Consulting, LLC, providing consulting services for physicians nationwide. Kathy is a nationally known speaker and the author of many multi-specialty medical and surgical coding workbooks. She has a great amount of experience in gastroenterology, surgical subspecialties and pediatric subspecialties. Her presentations have included the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN), Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates Inc., Digestive Disease Week (DDW), American Pediatric Surgical Associations (APSA), Decision Health and the Coding Institute. Kathy has written coding columns for ASGE, NASPGHAN and AGA. She also answers the coding hotline for the ASGE.
This webinar will address the following questions and give clarity on these coding items:
- Provide 2019 overview of Evaluation and Management procedure changes
- Analyze telehealth opportunities
- Understand Modifier 25 – Does your documentation support a significantly separate visit from the endoscopy?
- Examine new pre-authorization requirements for diagnostic EGD
- Assess the update to screening colonoscopy guidelines from the American Cancer Society
- Interpret medical necessity issues from payers on:
- hemorrhoidal bandings
- multiple endoscopy billing
- diagnostic studies
- pathology and special stains
Request for refunds must be requested in writing, no later than two weeks prior to the course. Refunds are subject to an administrative fee of $25. Attendee substitutions are permitted with ASGE authorization. ASGE has the right to cancel a program at any time at its discretion.
If you have questions about any ASGE courses and webinars, please contact ASGE Customer Care at email@example.com or call 630-573-0600.